Course Name: IRATA Level 1 - New
Duration: 5 days training(minimum 4 days) and 1 day assessment
- To give fresh candidates an entry-level course in Rope Access covering a wide range of working on height with a safe system of movement on ropes to become a skill Level 1 Rope Access Technician.
* Theoretical knowledge of rope access with regard to the safe use of equipment.
* General Knowledge of Health & Safety
* Risk Assessment knowledge
* Knowledge of Rope Access equipment' names
* Ascent, descent,
* Changing from ascent to descent,
* Changing from rope to rope,
* Crossing a knot,
* Aid climbing and traversing,
* Passing re-anchors and deviations,
* Use of a backup system,
* Elementary rigging and rope management, elementary rescue.
* IRATA Level 1 trainees receive logbook, certificate & card valid for three (3) years after completing an assessment with pass mark.