Course Name: IRATA Level 1
Duration: 5 days training (minimum 4 days) and 1 day assessment
To give fresh candidates an entry-level course in Rope Access covering a wide range of working on height with a safe system of movement on ropes to become a skill Level 1 Rope Access Technician.
- General Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Risk Assessment knowledge
- Knowledge of Rope Access types of equipment names
Theoretical knowledge of rope access with regard to the safe use of equipment.
- Changing from ascent to descent,
- Changing from rope to rope,
- Crossing a knot,
- Aid climbing and traversing,
- Passing re-anchors and deviations,
- Use of a backup system,
- Elementary rigging and rope management, elementary rescue.
IRATA Level 1 trainees receive a logbook, certificate & card valid for three (3) years after completing an assessment with a pass mark.